I've been running this sketching blog since 2006 and a lot of my readers have always asked for a hands on practical workshop- So I'm delighted to announce that I'll be holding an intensive one day WORKSHOP on "Everything I know about Sketching!".
|To register for this workshop you can click HERE|
The details are as follows:
Everything I know about sketching: ONE DAY WORKSHOP at Harris Academy, Falconwood on Wednesday, 27th of August, 2014 from 10-4pm.
- · How to develop a sketching habit
- · Everything starts with a sketch -SEE, SQUINT, SHAPES and SKETCH!
- · How to fall in love with your sketchbook.
- · The Power of the Eye-Hand co-ordination
- · Sketching Techniques
- · Working from the model- the PORTRAIT SKETCH, the FIGURE SKETCH
- · Sketching on Public transport- all my tips and secrets, handling the pressure and still having a passion.
- · Sketching in Oil, acrylic, Gouache, watercolour, Coloured Pencils, Ball point Pens and TOM BOW markers, graphite, charcoal....etc-bring any medium you are comfortable with.
- · How to paint from a sketch
- · Urban Sketching-Sketch the world around you
|THESE ARE MY MAIN GRAPHITE SKETCHING TOOLS-A simple stick of Chunky graphite and a Mechanical clutch pencil, preferably 0.5mm|
It’s an Intensive workshop!
- · Sketchbooks......empty ready for the filling!
- · Papers assorted loads........
- · Easel (your own easel, if you can’t we have tables available)
- · Any medium to sketch with (pencils, pens, charcoal, watercolour, markers, oil, acrylic, gouache)
- · Notebook (for notes and important points)
|MORE SKETCHING TOOLS....|
Please bring your packed lunch. Tea, biscuits and coffee will be provided. Be fit and ready this is a workshop that will get you inspired and change the way you SEE.
Beware-you might become ADDICTED to SKETCHING!!!
PRICE: £75 per each participant
If you don't have PayPal facilities you can Email me to confirm your place and send a cheque. You can also Email me by clicking HERE.
|Locations- making your sketch come to life!|
|Locations II- Focusing on what makes your sketch interesting!|
|Faces- Meeting people that interest you on the street and sketching them right there and then....how to make it work!|
|Faces II- Sketching on Public Transport - enjoying the wonderful people you meet from day to day, without fear or any inhibition.|
|Sketch Spread usage- Making the complicated less complicated!|
Lets get ready to run with it!
|Painting from sketches will be demonstrated at the workshop!|