Thursday, December 30, 2010

MAKING A MARK AWARDS-Adebanji wins The Painting Plein Air Plus Award 2010


Painting in the cold snow around Chelsea- painting in progress, notice the bits with sketchy marks-once I got the sketch right, I just painted shape by shape till I covered the whole piece. I'll be posting the full details of this piece in the New Year.

I'm so happy to end the year with an Award that I really cherish. Earlier this year I won the Chelsea Riverside Competition, organised by Heatherley's School of Fine Art, Chelsea and The Cheyne walk Trust- The whole exhibition was put in place to raise funds for the Schools Bursary Award Scheme. I also won the prize for the Best London Scene at the Chelsea Art Society's 100th Annual exhibition- This Award is donated annually and it's called The Agnes Reeve Memorial for a painting of London. To end the year I got an Award called The Painting Plein Air Plus Award- by MAKING A MARK-This award is for excellence in plein air painting plus a strong commitment to sharing information. I was nominated for this award by Sheona Hamilton Grant, who said, "I would like to recommend Adebanji Alade for the Painting Plein Air Plus Award. His talent, enthusiasm and sustained sharing are brilliant. For these reasons, I really do believe he merits winning this award with flying colours."- You can read the full article on the award by clicking HERE


It's been a wonderful year for me indeed and my heart goes up in praise and thanks to God for keeping me HEALTHY all year through- no one can buy that with money!



Adebanji painting No 97.-Rainy Day, London Road, Reflections from Grosvenor Place




No 97.-Rainy Day, London Road, Reflections from Grosvenor Place



Evening Light, From Battersea Bridge, 24" x 30", Oil on Board, 2010- Won the Chelsea Riverside Competition.




Evening Light, Charing Cross Road, Watercolour with hints of mixed media, 2009-Won the Agnes Reeve Memorial Award for a Painting of London.

14 comments:

Making A Mark said...

You've worked very hard this year and you know how that brings its just rewards!

Julie Dunion said...

Very well done on the award Adebanji. I wouldn't have known about your fantastic blog if you hadn't been nominated on Making a Mark - so it's a great award in more ways than one! I look forward to following your progress in 2011. Best wishes.

DM said...

Congratulations man! your art deserves all the awards in the world!

adebanji said...

Thanks Katherine, I believe that comment whole heartedly!
Julie-Thanks, That's why I cherish the Award so much!
DM-Thanks a million!;)

Mark Bridges said...

Congratulations, well deserved awards. Cheers to a New Year and new works.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award, you are a wonderful artist!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Congratulations on your year of painting and awards. Very well deserved and lovely to see your work over the year.

V. Deshmukh said...

Wow Adebanji! Hearty congratulations on winning all those wonderful awards. I hope the new year shall be even better for you than this one.
In one of your last posts I asked you how you manage to paint en plein air even in rain. In this post one of the pictures shows you doing just that. :) Are there any special precautions you take to ensure that the rain does not affect your work?
All the best for the year ahead. Your blogposts always make for such fascinating reads.
Thank you

adebanji said...

Thanks Mark and Tracey!

Thanks Vinayak! Yes, the best precaution is to have a good shelter! Nothing more than a good shelter will do for me, in this post I was sitting under the shelter from the Bus Stop. Sometimes I just look for buildings with open cover, that still allows me to see the scene I am painting properly. I have tried different umbrellas, but none seem to be effective enough for me. I suffered watching one of my paintings get washed to the sketch and under-painting level and I promised myself never to be too confident with the rain. It was painful and I almost cried.
The truth of the matter is-the rain paintings are sometimes the best, and people love reflections! So it's best to get a good place in the rain, without getting wet or staying in the direction the rain is falling!

Isabel said...

congratulations for your work and award. Hope 2011 keeps being so productive.

Angela Elledge said...

I am so happy to applaud you in your successful endeavors this year! I have thoroughly enjoyed following your work this year and look forward to what you share with us in 2011. Congratulations, my friend!!

adebanji said...

Thanks Isabel and Angela! Wishing you both a great 2011!

Edward Burton said...

Congratulations, Adebanji, for your awards and the so well deserved recognition! I hope you have an even more grander 2011.

adebanji said...

Thanks Edward!