Monday, April 06, 2009

Adebanji and some of his paintings I

It is always good to look at the painter and their paintings, that is why I am a going to continue my series on a painters and their paintings. But meanwhile I'll just like to keep a reaction going between painters and their paintings, this time it is photos of me. Sometimes people say painters will reveal who they are in their paintings. I am not sure how true that is, but I do know that we surely MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT WHAT WE LOVE in our paintings. So take a close look at these three shots.

see this painting below here


8 comments:

artbyakiko said...

Very cool to see you paint! I also watched the Winsor & Newton acrylic demo. Wonderful video!

I LOVE this first painting!

L.Holm said...

Wonderful to see you with your paintings!( Very dapper in the tux!) I like the over-the-shoulder shot of you painting the landscape: like seeing things through your eyes.

adebanji said...

Thanks Akiko! The painting you like is of my great friend"Francisco"- One of my old secondary school friends bought it off me last year!

Thanks L.Holm, I truly and really enjoy your audience! That Landscape was the first I did on site after many many years.

Edward Burton said...

It's great seeing you with your paintings, Adebanji.

dominique eichi said...

question , which one came first and so on ?
I would say the first one is the most powerful one ,it also show you know this man or your giving us that impression, also in your demeanor you are more confidant. the middle one has a degree of I don't know how strong I am yet. the landscape one, you have no problem showing us your talent because you know who you are and your enjoying this moment, it say's come enjoy it with me. Even though the first one is spectacular, I prefer your landscape one.

adebanji said...

Thanks Edward!

Thanks Dominique!

The middle one first- while I was studying at Heatherleys.

The landscape second - My first outdoor after many years, I almost spent the whole day there...But I enjoyed every bit of the experience.

The first one came last- A portrait of my friend thinking. He fought in the Angolan wars and often has flashbacks of the situation!

Unknown said...

Such a handsome guy.... you must stand next to my paintings to help them look wonderful too! ;o)

adebanji said...

Thanks Sheila!