Wednesday, April 14, 2010

AFRO XXX , Graphite, 2010 (The Flying Moleskins)




This makes number 30 in my current Afro series, it is made for a contribution into Camille's sketchbook in which the theme was open for us to do whatever we wanted. This is all part of a 13 artist sketchbook exchange called The Flying Moleskins. I used one of those manikins used for display in front Fashion Clothing stores. It is the first time I am not using a real human being for a model, just thought I'll experiment a bit. I liked the stark dark contrast against the highlighted figure and her hair.



This was done with only graphite, my trustworthy medium.

3 comments:

Kris Wiltse said...

Your drawings are masterful. This is stunning.

adebanji said...

Your drawings are masterful. This is stunning.-Kris Wiltse

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

As I told you on the other site, I am in awe of these drawings. Oddly enough you have given such human feeling to this drawing that she reminds me of a girl named Florence who was very special to me when I was growing up who died of cancer. I know I'll feel her spirit whenever I look at this drawing. Thank you so, so much, Adebanji.