Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sketches on the bus and train in February I (and the materials I use to sketch)



This is one page spread of sketches I have recently. I have also decided to highlight the materials I use to sketch, I have done this before but it seems a lot of people still would like to know. I have replied many emails from readers but I have now decided to re-post. I'll do the one of my graphite sketching kit when I return to the trusty old graphite sketches. But for now it's the pen sketching kit.



This is my Biro sketching kit

1. Bic Biro (medium)

2. TOMBOW Dual Brush pen (Number 75)- Cool Grey..I think

3.Daler -Rowney sketch Book A6(150g/m acid free cartridge paper) or Winsor & Newton Heavy Weight Case Bound Sketch Book A6 (170 gsm heavy weight paper)

SPECIAL QUOTE
"Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with inner drive, go much farther than people with vastly superior talent. -Sophie Loren

9 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

Hi Adebanji,
Thank you so much for the nice comment. Such words coming from someone as accomplished as you mean a lot. Thanks also for discussing your sketching gear here. All the sketches are fabulous, as usual. I have added a link to your blog in my latest post which I hope you wont mind. Please keep up all your good work, its always nice to see all your new works.
Best wishes,

adebanji said...

Thanks Vinayak! It's ok to have the link there.

adebanji said...

Thanks Vinayak! It's ok to have the link there.

Larry said...

I love the quote and as always, your beautifully observed sketches.

adebanji said...

Thanks Larry!

Manuel CasaBranca said...

great drawings and a very useful notes about your processes of get a quickly sketch.
Sophie Loren was right :-)
best regards

adebanji said...

Thanks Manuel!

RobCarey said...

Great sketches- you really pack them onto the page- love it.

adebanji said...

Thanks Rob! I love the interaction of the faces when they are all in one page, sometimes i think how i can get one more face in a tiny little space-it's a challenge.