Saturday, April 20, 2013

Afternoon Light, Regents Canal, 6" x 8", Oil on board (Plein Air)

This little painting was done in the afternoon at a lovely place near Kings Cross St Pancras, called, Regents Canal.

Afternoon Light,. Regents Canal, 6" x 8", Oil on Board
 TO PURCHASE THIS PIECE PLEASE CLICK HERE

I only discovered the place when I was out painting  with my friends and I was thinking of somewhere to paint. I love painting water, so when I got to Kings Cross St Pancras, I saw a sign that showed directions on how to get to a Canal. I simply followed the directions till I got to this lovely spot.

Adding the finishing touches with a smile (photo by Olha Pryymak)


The day was brilliant and the reflections and trees in background just highlighted the beauty of the place.

A picture of the scene!


I long for places like this!

SPECIAL QUOTE
"Sometimes it's the the love we have for the scenes we paint that shines through in the finished product! Look for a place you love, a place you have feelings for and put some of those feelings into the painting!"-Adebanji Alade

2 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Dear Adebanji,

Every time I visit you have inspired me, we are starting our plein air on Long Island. Just received you sketching email, love everything you do, Afternoon Light, Regents Canal is Brilliant!!

adebanji said...

Thanks Joan! You are welcome! I am glad you get inspired when you come here! That's why I have this blog!!