Friday, May 31, 2013

Late Afternoon Light Reflections, Albert Bridge, 8" x 10", Oil on Board (Plein air)

This is another one in the reflections series.

My studio is very close to Albert Bridge and every now and then I pop down to do a painting. It's a nice experience, The River Thames never ceases to be one of those spots I just can't get enough of.

Late Afternoon Light Reflections, Albert Bridge, 8" x 10", Oil on Board
 TO BUY THIS PAINTING PLEASE CLICK HERE

I started this one with a very detailed drawing as can  be seen below. There was so much to see that I needed to be careful to make sure everything was in the right place.

The beginning, my very detailed approach, I sketch with pencil on the board, measuring was vital.


I didn't take much stage shots but I  had a photo of the final stage before I called it quits.

The full set up


SPECIAL QUOTE
"Once we make a decision to do a thing, the means appear......"-Andrew Matthews

No comments: