Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2 Studies for larger paintings on London Bridge




It was bank holiday yesterday, not too many people around in the early mornings 8-11am, so I go to London Bridge to paint two studies on London Bridge. One faces Morgate, the other faces Tower Bridge.

I'm really gearing into the plein air stuff, this is my first in Central London, a bit daunting, especially when I put my hand into my pocket and my five pound note flew into the River Thames!

People crowd round ask so many questions, its fun!

You try to ignore then they say something funny and then they know you are not dumb!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice work! The light is so different in London. So sorry your money flew away. I know how to make money disappear without the assistance of a breeze.

adebanji said...

Hmmmm ahah! You are not the only one who knows how to do that.

You are right about the light in London, it is very cool and except on very nice summer days, you get this grey feel.

Anyway, welcome back!

Joe Kresoja said...

Oh these are really nice!

adebanji said...

Thanks Joe, checked your gouache sketches, I love them!