Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Studio Space- This time a shot of me on the Southesatern trains


This is my studio space too. This is where I quench my thirst for the human face.

I think it was George Passantino that said, "Never miss the opportunity to sketch the human face/ or figure.." It was from his books I first found a love for figures in the library at Yaba College of Technology in Nigeria.

I can almost remember pouncing on this book almost everyday because it was in the reference section, it couldn't be borrowed, so I read it like I have never read any other book. I did the same to John Carlson's landscape Book I wish to get a copy again someday and I wish I could read like that again, nowadays I only do snap shot reading and its because of the over-availability of books at my disposal.

I hope to bring back the good old days of reading my art books with such hunger and desire to learn, as we would always remain students forever!

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

...but you know what? You end up stacking them on the floor! I've run out of space for mine and am currently eyeing up a complete wall for a run of bookcases!

Great shot of you sketching.

Go try sketching in Trafalgar square before they take the screen down!

adebanji said...

I didn't know you are in almost the same precarious situation as me with the books. My wife almost wants me to auction them, and when another arrives in the post, she says, "not another book..."

I hope I'll get to sketch the big screen area before they take it down!

Thanks as always Katherine!