Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sandwiched on the central line, 8" x 9.5", mixed media on paper, 2009

If you ever try the tube during the Rush Hour in London, you'll surely experience being sandwiched! Sometimes you'll get a commuter who barely can raise their head or even breathe properly because of the cramped environment. I've been there and even though the scene I have captured here is not quite that serious but it shows how closed up we can get with other during rush hours!



This work was done in acrylic, gouache and watercolour on arches watercolour paper.

4 comments:

AC said...

This is very good!
Did you done it on the site or made it afterwards based on a sketch?

adebanji said...

Thanks AC! This was done from a snapshot just before the sliding doors close on one of my tube journeys.

Edward Burton said...

Great piece, Adebanji - you really get the feeling that they are really packed in there.

Randall said...

This one is awesome adebanji. How do you pronounce your name?

Anyway I love the colors and the light. If it was for sale I would buy it. Granted if I had the money, lol.

~Kirby