Wednesday, April 01, 2009

My Beloved Tree I, 16 x 11, Graphite on paper, 2009

It is Spring and I have dedicated April to the outdoors! The weather is getting better, so why not?








I will be completing landscapes, cityscape's and street scenes- all outdoor and some studio work this month for an exhibition in June and also some other work by the side.

This tree is one of my favourite trees and just love the sweep of its branches and the network of smaller twigs that shoot out in some sort of circular motion. It is located just beside All Saints Church, Belvedere. I went there this morning to take it all in from 9.15 - 11.00am.

6 comments:

L.Holm said...

gorgeous drawing. The tree has a lot of character--wonderful shape.

adebanji said...

Thanks L.Holm!

dominique eichi said...

Oh, I love trees and your landscapes are a glory to the one that made them. I am so happy to read you will make more of them. Can't wait.

adebanji said...

Thanks Dominique, I was praising God all the way up the hill on my way to sketch this and I thought of this very thing about the landscapes gloryifying The Creator today!

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

That IS a wonderful tree, and a wonderful job of capturing its personality...

adebanji said...

Thanks Cathy!