Monday, May 05, 2014

Morning Light Kings Road (2) Chelsea Marathon

This my second shot at the Chelsea Marathon.

Here I have used Graphite which is my best medium!

Morning Light, Kings Road, 8" x 10", Graphite on Paper.
To purchase this piece click HERE

I worked purely indoors for this one.

The ability to get the effects of sunlight with graphite lies wholly on the manipulation of tones to suit the scene. When using graphite in landscapes, the one thing missing is temperature. It's only based on tones and I really love tones.

Reference Picture for Morning Light Kings Road


The reference for this picture was taken from a Bus 11 while on the a journey along Kings Road.

SPECIAL QUOTE
"The works executed in the studio brings everything one has learned while drawing and painting outdoors.-Adebanji Alade

No comments: